This looks complicated but it's so easy! We simply glued strips of paper on a canvas! Anyone can make this adorable Mummy!
|Mummy Canvas - using paper strips!|
Here's what you'll need!
• White or Ivory Cardstock (two 8.5" x 11" sheets)
• Googly Eyes
• Distress Ink Pad
• Mod Podge Rocks (used as glue and sealer)
• Acrylic Paint
• Foam Brush
The amount of cardstock for this project depends on the size of your canvas. For this project, we used two 8.5" x 11" sheets.
Let's get started...
1. Using the foam brush, paint the entire canvas, including the sides, in the desired color. Let dry completely. If you want to leave it white, then move on to step 2.
2. Rip the cardstock into strips and distress the edges by swiping them across the ink pad.
3. Use the foam brush to apply Mod Podge to the canvas to glue the strips of cardstock. When done, apply a thin coat over the top of the entire canvas to seal it. Set it aside to let dry.
4. Use adhesive to glue the googly eyes on. That's it! Wasn't that easy?
Download a printable version of this tutorial HERE.
For crafting tutorials and inspirations, visit our Website HERE.
CONNECT WITH US...
Website: Get to know who we are and what we offer.
Facebook: We love it when our customers interact with us!
Pinspirations: Free tutorials and inspirations from our team of designers.
Pinterest: For more great inspirational crafts.
Twitter: Let's talk.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272