|Fall Metal Star designed by Melody.|
|Pattern cut to show 1/4" of the star around all the edges.|
Here are the supplies you'll need:
• 24" Rusty Metal Star
• Three 12" x 12" Fall Paper (for template A)
• One 12" x 12" Fall Paper of contrast color (for template B)
• Stickles by Ranger
• Mod Podge Rocks (used as your glue and sealer)
• Paintbrush or Foam Brush (to apply the Mod Podge)
• Paper Trimmer
Click on the picture below (which is the template) to open the larger view. Save it to your computer to print before starting your project.
Let's get started!
1. Trace and cut 5 Template A. Turn Template A over, trace and cut 5 more Template A from the same paper.
2. Trace and cut 5 Template B. Turn Template B over, trace and cut 5 more Template B from the same paper.
Lay out your pieces onto the star to guide you before you glue them on. The pattern was designed to have about a 1/4" of the star showing around all the edges which creates a nice border.
3. Starting with the A pieces, apply Mod Podge to the wrong side of the paper and to the star where you'll place this piece. Adhere the paper to the star while still wet. Repeat this for all of the A pieces. Let dry. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge over the top to seal and protect the paper.
4. Repeat process mentioned in step #3 for the B pieces.
5. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the center of the star to give the metal the same finish as the paper. Set the star aside to let dry. Once dry, use Stickles to add accents to the star by tracing the outline of a few leaves. Let it dry overnight before displaying.
For crafting tutorials and inspirations, visit our Project Gallery HERE.
CONNECT WITH US...
Website: Get to know who we are and what we offer.
Facebook: We love it when our customers interact with us!
Pinspirations: Free tutorials and inspirations from our team of designers.
Pinterest: For more great inspirational crafts.
Twitter: Let's talk.
Google+: Keep in touch.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272