Here's what you'll need to make this shadowbox for dad...
• Vinyl saying: "A Dad is someone who carries pictures in his wallet where his money used to be"
• Shadowbox Frame
• Scrapbook Paper - of your choice
• Mod Podge - used as glue
• Foam Brush
• 1 Vellum sheet
• 4 Black Photo Corners
• Transparency Sheet
• Black ribbon, optional
• Glass Cleaner
|Vinyl Saying: A Dad is someone who carries pictures in his wallet where his money used to be|
Let's get started...
1. Take apart the shadowbox and clean both sides of the glass with cleaner.
2. Lay the frame right side up. Apply with a foam brush a thin coat of Mod Podge to the back of your paper. Place the scrapbook paper on top of the back. Let dry.
3. Carefully place the photo corners on the vellum sheet and attach to the center of the paper. Place the transparency on top of stack.
4. Lay the glass over the paper and make sure it’s straight. Prep the vinyl by burnishing with applicator (or card) for a good seal. Remove the backing from the packaged vinyl. Carefully place the vinyl on the glass making sure that the lines of text are straight. Burnish the saying onto the surface and remove the top paper beginning in a corner and “rocking” the paper back and forth. Here's a video on how to install vinyl.
5. Clean any fingerprints from the glass and re-assemble the shadowbox. You may wish to attach a ribbon to the hook on the back for a more finished look.
Click HERE to download the tutorial.
For more DIY crafting tutorials, visit our Project Gallery HERE.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272