This Easter craft project would be perfect to make with the kids. Adults would take care of painting the basket and adding the decorative paper and ribbon. The kids on the other hand would be doing the really fun part! Show them how to push the pins and sequins in the eggs first, then let them design their own version of these sparkling eggs!
Here's what you'll need:
- Unfinished Wood Basket
- Green Acrylic Paint
- Pink Scrapbook Paper
- Mod Podge Decoupage Medium
- Styrofoam Eggs
- Sequins and Sequin Pins
- Paper Shred
- Ribbon, or pre-made bow
Let's get started...
- Paint the unfinished wood basket with green paint. Allow to dry.
- Cut strips of scrapbook paper and glue with Mod Podge to the slats of the basket. Add Mod Podge as a top coat to seal the paper.
- Push the sequins in one at a time to the smooth styrofoam egg until completely covered.
- Repeat this process with the other eggs.
- Attach the ribbon or bow to the side of the basket.
- Fill the basket with shred.
- Now place the eggs in the basket and your project is finished.
The kids could bring these unbreakable eggs to their teacher without worrying about breaking the eggs!
Make sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook to get more creative crafting ideas!
CONNECT WITH US...
Website: Get to know who we are and what we offer.
Facebook: We love it when our customers interact with us!
Pinspirations: Free tutorials and inspirations from our team.
Pinterest: For more great inspirational crafts.
Twitter: Let's talk.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272