|Boo Wall Art - designed by Melody|
• Wooden Letter B
• 2 Embroidery Hoops
• Fabric (the amount you'll need depends on the size of your hoops)
• Two 3" Wooden Discs
• Two 1.5" Wooden Discs
• 26 Gauge Craft Wire
• Hot Glue Gun
• Acrylic Paint (White, Black, Red, Green)
• Crackle Medium
• Foam Brush
1. Using the foam brush, apply the white paint to the letter. Set it aside to let dry.
2. Apply a thick coat of the Crackle Medium to the letter. Let it get tacky, then apply the black color paint to the letter. (for help on applying Crackle Medium, watch this video with Bonnie where she'll show you how easy it is to do) Set it aside to let dry.
|Use Crackle Medium to accomplish the crackled look.|
3. Cut your fabric 2" bigger than your hoops to give you extra fabric to glue in place. Cover the embroidery hoops with fabric and use the hot glue gun to secure the fabric all around the sides of the hoops.
4. Use the paintbrush to draw red lines on the hoops to resemble red eyes, then set them aside to let dry.
|Paint the fabric with red paint to create red lines in the eyes.|
5. Paint the 3" discs in green for the eyes and paint the 1.5" discs in black for the pupils. If you cannot find wooden discs, you can also paint the eyes directly onto the fabric or use other materials, such as foam, felt, etc. to make the eyes. Once dry, glue the discs onto the hoops with the hot glue gun.
6. Poke the wire through the fabric of the hoops to tie them together (as shown in the photos) and then tie them to the letter. Now, it's ready to hang!
Download a printable copy of this project here.
|Tie hoops and letter together with wire.|
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.
CONNECT WITH US...
Website: Get to know who we are and what we offer.
Facebook: We love it when our customers interact with us!
Pinspirations: Free tutorials and inspirations from our team of designers.
Pinterest: For more great inspirational crafts.
Twitter: Let's talk.
Google+: Keep in touch.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272