This project is courtesy of Deco Art and designed by Alison Craig. Thank you for this great tutorial!
|Give a new look to old plastic frames with Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint.|
• Americana® Decor™ Chalky Finish Paint
- Lace (ADC02)
- Vintage (ADC17)
• Americana® Decor™ Crème Waxes
- Clear (ADM01)
- Deep Brown (ADM07)
- Golden Brown (ADM02)
Palette or Plastic Plate
1" Chip Brush
3/4" Flat Brush
Plastic Frames (from flea market or new)
NOTE: Let dry between steps.
1. For the oval frame, paint the entire frame with the color Lace using the 3/4" flat brush. Let dry.
2. Cover the entire frame with Clear Crème Wax brushed on with the 3/4" flat brush. Let dry.
3. Paint the entire frame with the Golden Brown Crème Wax in little sections. As you get about a 4" section waxed, take the cloth and wipe off the excess wax. Move on to the next section. If the brown wax dries and becomes hard to remove, put a little Clear Crème Wax on the clean cloth, and it will help to remove it. Let dry.
4. For the rectangular frame, wipe it clean with a damp paper towel.
5. Use painter's tape to mark off the mirror so that paint will not get on it.
6. Use a 1" chip brush to base coat the frame with Vintage. Rinse brush.
7. Use a waxing brush or 3/4" flat brush to apply Clear Crème Wax. Rinse brush.
8. While still wet, apply Deep Brown Crème Wax over the Clear Crème Wax with the same brush.
9. Use a clean white cloth to wipe back wax as desired. If it is too dark, just apply more Clear Crème Wax on top and wipe back again.
(Optional) Once frame is dry, you can buff it using a clean white cloth to a satin finish.
|We have a great selection of Americana Decor Chalky Finish supplies.|
For crafting tutorials and inspirations, visit our Website HERE.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272