Here's what you'll need...
• 12” x 12” MDF Frame with Removable Back Board
• Chalkboard Paint
• White Acrylic Paint
• Foam Brush
• Mod Podge Rocks
• E6000 Glue
• Glitter Paper
• 12" x 12" Snowflake Scrapbook Paper
Let's get started...
1. Remove the back board from the frame. It will pop right out with a little bit of pressure. Trace the shape of the frame to your scrapbook paper. When cutting it out, make sure you cut slightly smaller than what you had traced. This allows your paper to fit more accurately. Now set aside.
2. Paint your MDF frame with your white acrylic paint. We applied three coats. Allow each coat to dry before applying the next.
3. Paint the back board with chalkboard paint. Again, we did three coats. Set aside and allow to dry completely.
4. Use Mod Podge Rocks to adhere the scrapbook paper to the frame. Here's a video on how to use Mod Podge. You may add a top coat of Mod Podge to seal your paper. Note: Do not seal the chalkboard with the Mod Podge. This will cause your chalk to not work on the blackboard.
5. We used E6000 glue to attach the chalkboard to the back of the frame. You can pop it back in the grooves, but to make it more secure, we like to glue it in. Let dry completely.
6. We used the snowflake Accu-Cut dies to cut out the glittered snowflakes. This is a free service that you are able to use right here in our store when buying our products. Learn more about our Die-Cut Accu-Cut Machine Service. You can use your own dies or hand cut some of your own pretty snowflakes if you prefer. We used Mod Podge to glue those snowflakes to the frame.
7. Be sure to season your chalkboard before writing on it with your chalk. Take a piece of chalk (use its side rather than the tip) and rub the entire surface vertically ensuring the board is covered. Using the side of your chalk, now rub the entire surface horizontally making sure the entire board is covered. Wipe with a soft rag, cloth or chalkboard brush and blow off any excess chalk dust. Now your frame is ready to be used.
This Snowflake Tumbler would be a great addition to a Disney Frozen party! The kids could even make those themselves! All you'll need is a tumbler, the self-adhesive snowflake and the Disney Frozen character stickers!
For crafting tutorials and inspirations, visit our Website HERE.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272