Dad will love his new Fishing Tackle Box! If dad doesn't like to fish, you can turn this unfinished box into a great compartment box for the garage for all his bolts, nails and screws. Just select some paper that will match your dad's needs!
|DIY Fishing Tackle Box|
To make this Fishing Tackle Box, here's what you'll need...
• One 15" x 11" x 3" double-layered unfinished tackle box with glass lid.
• 2-3 Sheets of Papers from the GCD Studios "The Great Outdoor" Paper Collection which are 27" x 19.5" sheets of paper.
• Cork Board
• Acrylic Paint
• Mod Podge (which will serve as your glue and sealer)
|Unfinished Tackle Box|
1. Paint the box the color of your choice. We painted it green. Let it dry completely.
|Glue paper and cork board in each compartment.|
2. Measure your compartments. Make yourself some templates to help you measure and cut your paper and cork board to fit in each compartment.
3. Use Mod Podge to adhere your paper cut-outs where you want them. Glue some cork board cut-outs in the compartments that don't have the paper.
4. We added jute as an accent around the glass cover. Just secure with your favorite glue.
|Glue jute around the glass cover.|
Hope dad will like your new craft project! Have fun with it!
For more DIY crafting tutorials, visit our Project Gallery HERE.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272