Here's what you'll need...
• 12 in. x 12 in. Flat Canvas Board
• 12 in. x 12 in. Sheets Matching Scrapbook Paper (we used 'Twas the Night Before Christmas collection by Graphic 45). Use has many layers as you want.
• Dimensional Foam Squares or “Pop-Up” Dots
• Scissors, Needle-Nosed or Fine-Tip
• Craft Knife
• Cutting Mat
• Mod Podge Rocks
• Foam Brush
• Acrylic Paint (to paint your canvas)
Take the matching sheets of paper and decide which elements will be in the foreground and background. Glue with Mod Podge your first full sheet to your painted canvas board. Make sure the paint was dry before starting. Working with the second layer, decide which elements to keep and trim away the rest carefully with scissors and/or a craft knife. Repeat for the remaining layers. Working from the background to the foreground, build your layers with foam squares (or pop-up dots).
The same technique was used when Bonnie created this Nutcracker Wall Canvas:
If you are not sure how to create the dimensional look, come in and talk with Bonnie! She'll be happy to get you started!
CONNECT WITH US...
Website: Get to know who we are and what we offer.
Facebook: We love it when our customers interact with us!
Pinspirations: Free tutorials & inspirations from our designers.
Pinterest: For more great inspirational crafts.
Twitter: Let's talk.
Google+: Keep in touch.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272