|DIY: Mason Candy Jars - fill with sweet treats all year round!|
Here's what you'll need:
• 5”, 4.5" and 4" Jars with White Lids
• 7”, 6" and 4" Unfinished Wood Candlesticks
• Pack of 3” Wood Discs (6 total)
• Pack of 1” Dowel Caps with 1/2” Holes
• Pack of Self-Adhesive Pearl Gem Stickers
• Acrylic Paint in White and Pearl Finish
• E6000 Glue
• Foam Brush
Let's get started!
1. Using the foam brush, paint the unfinished candlesticks, 6 wood discs, and 3 wood dowel caps with the white acrylic paint. You may have to apply several coats to obtain a nice coverage. Once that's dry, put a final coat of acrylic pearl finish on all these wood pieces. Let these dry completely before moving on to the next step.
2. For these next steps, we will be using the E6000 glue to adhere pieces together. So to start with, glue a wood disc to the top and bottom of each candlestick. Let dry. Remove the lids from your jars and glue the dowel caps to the top of each lid.
3. Glue the glass jars to the center of the top round discs on your candlesticks - smallest jar with the smallest candlestick and the largest jar with the tallest candle stick. Let dry completely.
4. Put the lids back on the glass jars. Adhere your self-adhesive pearl gem stickers to the side rim of each lid. Add some pearls also to the top rim of the disc, right under each jar.
|Add self-adhesive pearl gem stickers to create a shabby-chic look|
Now you are ready to fill with candy and display. Enjoy!
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272