There is still time left to add some simple decor before the company arrives! Read this tutorial to learn how to make these fabric covered cones perfect for a mantle display.
- Paper Mache Cones, in various sizes
- Glue Gun or Strong Double-sided tape
Note: You can easily use pattered paper or tissue paper (even leather!) to cover these cones. You may find that Mod Podge is a better way to apply some papers.
- Place cone on chipboard and trace with a pencil, the base of the cone and cut out shape.
- Cut fabric to fit cone: Wrap a piece of fabric around the cone and trim off excess material, be sure to leave about 1/2”-1” of extra fabric around the base and for overlap along the seam.
- Using a glue gun or strong double-sided tape adhere the fabric to the cone. Fold extra fabric at the base to the underside of the cone and adhere to the inside of the cone.
- Glue a circle of fabric around one side of the chipboard piece. Make it slightly larger and fold the edges around the sides and glue/tape in place.
- Glue/tape the fabric covered chipboard circle to the bottom of the cone, making sure the fabric covered side is facing out.
- Trim with coordinating or contrasting ribbon. You can trim just the base, make stripes or wrap the cone with a swirl.
Find more craft tutorials on our website: