|Crafted by Bonnie|
- 12 In. x 12 In. Scrapbook Paper (Floral Print)
- 12 In. x 12 In. Scrapbook Paper (Polka-Dot Pattern))
- 4 — Dowel Caps (Feet)
- Unfinished Box
- Unfinished Frame
- Acrylic Paint, for box, frame and feet
- Mod Podge
- Gloss Varnish
- Self Stick Gems
- Vinyl Saying
- Foam Paint Brush
- Screw Driver (Small Phillips)
- Masking Tape
- Scissors, Paper Trimmer or Craft Knife
Note: E-6000 is a very strong adhesive. Before you begin, be sure you are in a well-ventilated area.
- With screw driver remove clasp & hinges from box and set aside.
- Remove the backing from the frame and cover the glass with making tape to protect it from the paint.
- Using the foam brush, paint the box, frame and feet. Let dry.
- Cut floral paper to size to cover the sides of the box and the front of the frame.
Tip: To cover an irregularly shaped surface with paper try tracing. Lay your paper (printed side down) on your work surface and lay the frame (face-down) on the paper. Take a pencil and trace the shape of the frame onto the paper. You will be able to cut out a perfectly shaped sheet for your frame.
- Cut polka-dot paper for top of box, inside of box and outer-edge trim around the frame.
- Mod Podge all paper pieces in place and seal with a top coat of Mod Podge. Let dry.
- Apply a coat of varnish to all surfaces and let dry.
- Cut a piece of paper to fit behind the glass on the top of the hinged box. Insert the paper behind glass and re-assemble.
- Replace the clasp and hinges that belong on the box
- If adding feet, paint, varnish and let dry before adhering to box. Using E-6000 adhesive, glue four feet onto the bottom corners of the box.
- Add gems trim to frame: around photo opening and outer edge. To the box: around photo opening, around closure.
- If using a vinyl saying, apply to glass on the front of the box per package instructions.
Take a look at some of the other craft projects you can find on our website: