|Created by: Jed Clampett|
Our redneck wine glass uses the classic mason jar, a glass candle stick and the lid becomes a coaster - just in case you're at a fancy party. Here is the tutorial for how to put one together:
Mason Jar, PintGlass Candlestick, approx.. 4” tall
Cork, at least 4”x4”
Fabric strip, 1”x 18”
E-6000 is a strong adhesive. Before you begin, be sure you are in a well-ventilated area.
- Measure and cut the amount of fabric you need to wrap around the top of the mason jar, plus 6”-8”. Using a square knot, tie the fabric around the top of the jar. Trim the ends of the fabric as needed.
- Turn the mason jar over (mouth side down) and apply E-6000 to the top of the candlestick holder and firmly adhere to the bottom center of the mason jar.
- Set aside and let dry.
- Lay the jar lid on the piece of cork and trace the lid shape with a pencil. Cut out the circle approximately ¼” smaller than the line. Use a small amount of E-6000 to glue the cork to the top of the lid.
- Run the Duck tape around the jar ring until completely covered. Tear or trim the tape so that it is flush with the edge of the ring.
- Glue the top outer edge of the lid to the underside of the lid ring with a small amount of E-6000 glue. Set aside and let dry.
Here are some more craft ideas for Dad.
You can find all these project tutorials and more in our
Project Gallery on our website.
"A Dad is someone who carries pictures in his wallet where his money used to be". This 8"x8" shadowbox uses a peice of vellum paper to "float" the vinyl saying above the striped paper in the background. Click HERE to download the tutorial.
|I "Ruff" You Dad - Coaster Set|
This project would be a fun one to make for dads who have fur-babies too. Click HERE to download the tutorial.
|Special Daddy Layered Canvas|
"Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone specials to be a Daddy!" Isn't this sweet? A 24"x24" canvas is tiles with 4"x4" canvases. Click HERE to download the tutorial.
"Just for Dad" wall plaque. It's amazing what a little Mod Podge can do. Click HERE to download the tutorial.
Visit our Project Gallery for tons of craft tutorials!