|Butterfly Wings created with your child's footprints.|
Here's what you'll need...
• 12" x 12" Canvas
• Acrylic Paint - color of your choice
• Sponge - to apply your paint
• Plastic or Foam Plate - to use as your palette
• Child's Feet
• Vinyl "These wings are made to fly"
• Newspaper, Old Tablecloth - to cover your working area
• Damp Rags - to clean up the little feet
|Use a canvas, acrylic paint, and vinyl to create this butterfly canvas|
Let's get started...
1. Cover your work surface. The little one will fidget a bit, so this could get messy. When you are ready, use the sponge to apply the paint to the entire canvas. You can put as much or as little as you like. It's your project, make it the way you think would look good for you! Let dry completely.
2. Wash and dry the child's feet. Decide where you'd like the prints to be. You may want to mark the areas with a pencil to make it easier to place the little one's feet.
3. Pour some paint on a plastic plate. Apply a thin coat of paint to one feet with the sponge. You can apply one or several colors of paint, that's your choice. Press the foot firmly on the canvas. Repeat this process with the other foot to create the other wing. Keep in mind that the left foot will create the right wing, and the right foot will create the left wing. Repeat this entire process if you decide to make two butterflies. Once done, let it dry completely.
4. Now it's time to add the vinyl to your canvas. For step-by-step instruction on how to apply vinyl, CLICK HERE.
Now you're ready to hang your canvas, or wrap it for a gift. It would be a wonderful Mother's Day gift!
For more DIY crafting tutorials, visit our Project Gallery HERE.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272