Supplies you'll need...
- 1 Roll of Brown Deco Mesh
- 2 Rolls of Yellow Deco Mesh
- 1 Wire Wreath Form
- 1 Pack Gold Chenille Pipe Cleaners
- 2 Packs Yellow Chenille Pipe Cleaners
Let's get started...
1. Using the scissors, cut the chenille stems in half.
2. Open the roll of brown mesh and starting at the beginning, gather a section to make a large pouf.
3. Starting from the outer ring, use the pipe cleaner to tie the pouf (using a twist action) to secure it to the wire wreath form. Do not actually tie the pipe cleaner into a knot because it will be harder to untie if you need to redo or remove the mesh. (Here's a "basic" mesh wreath VIDEO)
4. Now, tie another pouf onto the inner part of the wire wreath form. You will repeat a pattern of tying the mesh poufs to the outside ring, then inner ring until it's completely covered or when you have used all the mesh (whichever comes first). Do not worry about how the poufs look or if you have any bare spots as you go along. When you are finished, you will go back to move and fluff the mesh. Remember, you can always remove the pipe cleaners and redo any area (or the entire wreath) if the desired look has not been achieved.
5. Next use the yellow mesh to create the sunflower petals. Open the yellow deco mesh roll and cut strips that are still rolled up.
6. Fold 1/3 of the mesh lengthwise and attach that end to the outer ring of the wreath form with a yellow pipe cleaner. This 1/3 part of the mesh will create a filler for the middle part of the flower next to the brown center.
7. Continue this step around the entire wreath form using all of the yellow mesh. Once done, fluff the mesh on the wreath to make it look exactly like you want it. Now it's ready to hang!
This wreath is pretty big, so make sure you plan to have plenty of space to display it. Enjoy!
CONNECT WITH US...
Website: Get to know who we are and what we offer.
Facebook: We love it when our customers interact with us!
Pinspirations: Free tutorials and inspirations from our team of designers.
Pinterest: For more great inspirational crafts.
Twitter: Let's talk.
Google+: Keep in touch.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop, Monroe, WA
19505 Hwy 2, Monroe, WA 98272